The Sweet Spot of the Adriatic
The routes from Zadar lead either to the Kornati National Park or or a bit further north passing the breathtaking part of the Croatian Adriatic, all the way to the Kvarner islands.
The western islands of the Zadar Archipelago are located north from the western part of the island of Dugi otok and are almost too beautiful to be true. You can go on a seven-day sailing trip to the islands of Molat, Ist, Škarda, Silba and Olib. But you usually spend only a day or two visiting them because you want to visit as many island as possible. They are very close to each other, and the small island villages enjoy a life without cars and with very few traces of civilisation.
The route from there leads north, towards the urban Mali Lošinj, where you can also enjoy a luxurious offer. If that does not interest you, head to the nearby islands of Ilovik or Susak, where you can enjoy peace like never before. However, if you prefer the city, Lošinj is a great place where you can take a break from sailing and enjoy ice-cream on land.
Passionate sailors will continue sailing all the way to the island of Cres, and we recommend a visit to the historical Osor, as well as sailing through the channels between many islands. Since you will sail the external or the internal route, we recommend you choose the alternative route when returning to Zadar so that you visit all the destinations that were not on your first route.
We think that this part of the Adriatic is best explored if you have a bit more time on your hands, at least ten days or so. The northern side of the route passes the islands of Krk, Cres, Rab and Pag, all located at the foot of the Velebit mountain, which makes for a new sailing route all together.
A seven-day sailing trip around the Zadar Archipelago could include:
A seven-day sailing trip
- DAY 1: Zadar – Sabuša cove (island of Molat) – Ist (island of Ist)
- DAY 2: Ist – port of Krijal (island of Premuda) – Dragoča cove (island of Susak)
- DAY 3: Susak – Maračol cove (island of Unije) – Cres (island of Cres)
- DAY 4: Cres – Sveti Ivan cove / Žanja cove (island of Cres) – Osor (islands of Cres and Lošinj)
- DAY 5: Osor – Vele i Male Orjule – Ilovik (passage between the islands of Ilovik and Sveti Petar)
- DAY 6: port of Ilovik – Slatinica cove (island of Olib) / Sveti Ante cove (island of Silba) – Silba (island of Silba)
- DAY 7: Silba – Jazi cove (island of Molat) – Zadar